Thursday, February 18, 2010

This could change your whole thinking on dating...you've been warned.

If you lend a guy $10,000, what are you going to want from him?

You'd want him to pay it back, right?

Would you lend it to him if he wouldn't commit to that?
_________________________________________

This is how I feel about dating. So many people date just to date. Sorry, I'm just not into that. If I give you my trust, I want a commitment that your not going to break my heart. Is that too much to ask, really?

My whole life I've been preparing to be a good wife; I want a good husband. So, I'm not going to compromise. I'm going to stand firm and hold to the promise that God gave me long ago. I'm going to do what I know is right.

This is a conscious choice I made a long, long time ago. You won't really want to do this if your parents pressure you into it, or it's like a rule to you. This has to become your own, a passion and you have to come to the realization that God has the very best for you & He will fulfill His promise. (I know this sounds weird, but my parents are on the look-out for me! They know my heart's choice about this and they are behind me on it. So, I have 2 extra sets of eyes looking and praying for me and my future. Actually, because of this I can rest easy. In the last year or so they have come to me with prospective people they see potential in. They're like "How about so-and-so? I thought you guys had a connection. He's a great man of God and so kind." I'm sorry, but that is just awesome. The awkwardness is all on them now!) If you ever want to chat about this, let me know.



If you don't believe your wife is precious, you won't cherish her.

If you don't believe love is best when it's pure and new, you won't wait patiently for it.

What you believe effects the way you behave.

What do you believe?

1 comment:

Rick Smith said...

I believe there is nothing wrong with waiting for that person... and growing closer to God in the process... you grow closer to Him you will find her/him...