Friday, November 13, 2009

So I got a call....

The other day I got a call from an old friend in Tulsa. They said, "Just felt like I should call you and tell you that even though we don't get to talk much, I'm praying for you everyday. You are loved. I'm so proud of you and I'm excited to watch (even if from afar) all that God is doing in your life!"

Hmmmm.

That was out of the blue.

Honestly though, it made my day. My day wasn't horrible before. It was actually pretty good.

It made me think, though, what can I do to change someones day? A phone call is not rocket science. I could do that. It's these simple things that make people's days and puts a smile on their face for the remainder of the day. I think Jesus went out of His way all the time to do little things. I think it was at the front of His mind to be kind and to love. I'm learning to pay attention more and to get creative.


Check out a phrase I heard this week: "You don't love God if you're not hiding God's Word in your heart."

I want my time with God to mean something and to show. I want to love God so much, that I love others in the process. So, watch out - I might be calling you soon! Or maybe kidnapping you would be a better way to convey his love...?



What can you do to impact someone today?

No comments: