Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Dreams...

So, I've been having the same dream every few nights for about a year. Yeah. It's about me saying goodnight to my husband, then the next morning I find him dead. The next scene is him in the ambulance and me sitting next to him with both of our cell phones in my lap, about to call our bosses to tell them we won't be in that day. The next scene is doctors guiding me into the morgue. I haven't seen who the guy is up to this point. They lift the cover from his face & I cry and say that's him. It scared me in the dream, because I know this guy. The next scene is the funeral. I'm in the front row, head bowed. All the pallbearers get the casket ready to go & the next thing I know, I'm looking toward the back of the church and there's the silhouette of me & him walking outside, hand in hand.

After over a year, you'd think something would happen. I'd talk to him about it. He'd have a life or death experience or something, but nothing has happened. I came across this definition today:

Recurring nightmares -
Most people occasionally experience the same dream over and over. This is usually a signal that your subconscious mind is trying to send you a message. When you understand the message, and do something about it, the dream will change or end. Scary dreams are a way of generating excitement so you will be more honest with yourself. They should not be feared, but rather welcomed as helpful hints toward a better life.


A message? Ok, not getting it. If I got the message, then I could try to do something about it...then it would change or end...Be more honest with myself? About what?

Now, I'm more confused than before. Any ideas?

2 comments:

Lesa said...

Jennifer, After posting the message to fb, I thought I would check out your blog. Read your recent entry - questions for you: You've been having this dream for one year? You said "After over a year, you'd think something would happen. I'd talk to him about it. He'd have a life or death experience or something, but nothing has happened." I am a little lost - "I'd talk to him about it. He'd have a life or death exp...." I am not sure what you are saying - is there a someone that is almost your husband that you are referring to? In your life now?

What do you feel God has said to you about the dream? There are many symbols here, so I'd love to hear what you sense God is saying!

Love,
Lesa

Jenn said...

Well, I know him in real life. He was one of the first people I met when I moved from Tulsa. We're just friends. I've prayed about it but still don't understand it. I just keep seeking God about it and not try to decyfer it on my own. I'm open to ideas but ultimately I'm looking to God for the answer. Thanks!