Monday, September 19, 2011

Trust your tongue

A few days ago I was working on moving and decided to have some breakfast. Have to start the day off good, right?

The only food left in my house was some cereal and a little milk. Still a good start, right?

Poured it, had a seat on my living room carpet (since I'm devoid of critical furniture at the moment) said a short prayer, then took a bite.

*DISCLAIMER- Personally, in order for milk to be described as good/edible to me, it HAS to be ice cold, with no chunks. Shouldn't be too much to ask. Well, you'd think.

My first bite wasn't terrible ... until I swallowed.

I was getting over being sick, so apparently my smeller was out of commission. My taste buds however, were not. See, the bitter taste buds are near the back of your tongue. So I didn't have a problem until I swallowed and it went over those "censors".

Though, because I had smelled it and the first part of my bite tasted normal, I kept, very slowly, taking bites.

Something was just not right though. So, I went to brush my teeth, thinking that would help. Went back to my living room carpet and took another bite.

Nope. Now I was sure something was wrong. At this point I'd probably taken about 10 bites.

Even though it didn't smell rotten, it was for sure! The rest of the day I felt sick and worthless. Don't let this happen to you.


There's probably a spiritual parallel for this, but I'm going to let you figure that out. :)


I just had to post this, if nothing else, to tell you to trust your tongue.

Just trying to save you the agony. Seriously.

You're welcome.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Pruett said...

Yuck, gross, and yes, it has happened to me before.

Anonymous said...

Jenn did the same thing about a mounth ago with a jamoka shake at Arbys. I almost drank half before i knoew something was really wrong and it was not just me