Monday, October 14, 2013

One day at a time

If you know me even a little, you know I'm a planner. Hardcore planner.

Let's get all the details written up, scanned for typos, updated to the minute and laminated.

Wouldn't it be nice if life were like that? For me, that would be ideal. Show me the plan and I'll follow it!

The thing is, when you follow Jesus - He is your plan.

I've been a Christian for a long time and I'm still learning this one.

I don't need to know all the answers. I don't need to know how the day or week will turn out.

I want to, but I don't NEED to.

I need to seek Jesus. I need to go to Him for everything and trust that He's got this.

I need to put down my planner, stop thinking of where I'll be a year from now, 5 years from now, etc., and take it one day at a time.

One...day...at...a...time.

I cringe just typing that. It's against my nature, but a lot of things with God are.

You know that whole "His ways are not our ways, His thoughts are not our thoughts" thing? It's true.

We've got to continually train ourselves to think and act like Christ, because it doesn't come naturally.

Bottom line: I don't need to know and plan out every detail of my day or life. I need to take it one day at a time. (Give yourself some bonus points here if you are to the point of actually being excited for the adventure of taking it one day at a time.)


*Are you a planner? How do you choose daily to trust God with all the details and "plans" in your life?


No comments: