Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Saying Goodbye

I'm terrible at saying goodbye. Terrible.

I don't care if it's friends or family that I'll see the next day, or a random stranger I just met- I'm just awful at saying goodbye.

Granted, I've been to A LOT of funerals in my life. The number of funerals I've been to is at least equal to the number of years I've been alive...so a lot.

Maybe that has something to do with it?

I don't know. What I do know is I dread having to say goodbye to someone. Every stinkin time.

Though, my little sisters are teaching just about everyday how to get over this.

When I say, "Ok, bye." and try to sneak out, at least one of them says, "I WANT A KISS!"

Yep, no matter where we are, you might hear a little girl saying, "WAIT! I WANT A HUG! ...AND A KISSSSS!"

They are so unapologetic. So unafraid to say what they want.

I'm the complete opposite.

I'm working on finding a happy-medium.



Anyway, that's what I'm learning from my family. What are you learning from yours?

Oh, and when I tell you goodbye, I'll try to refrain from yelling, "I WANT A KISS!" No promises though.

No comments: