Monday, November 14, 2011

What a difference a year makes

A year ago, my house was robbed.

Honestly, it feels like it was last month.

I had just moved into a new place less than a month before, and then the very little that I owned, was taken. Never recovered. Right before my extended family came to my new house for Thanksgiving.

If there's anything in this world that's not right, there's something.

Really, it wasn't so much the stuff. I mean, yeah, I lost anything that had value, but I'm a poor, single lady, with the career choice of a DJ. Not a lot of moolah in my coin purse. :)

The worst thing was thinking about people being in my house, going through everything, and I mean everything. Taking my pillowcases to stuff all my things in and then just walking out my front door like they owned the place.

Somehow God gave me the peace to sleep there THAT night. Granted, I had a giant saw by my bed as a weapon, but that's beside the point.

Everyday, He's worked on me. He's also restored possessions back to me in very odd ways. People just coming out of no where to give me furniture, clothes, jewelry, and electronics.

Even though I lost a lot, I was never in need. He provided just what I needed at just the right time.

The cool thing is, when God restores, He multiplies! See Job 42:10, Exodus 22:1; 22:4, Leviticus 6:5; 22:14, Mark 10:29-30, Ephesians 3:20, even Proverbs 6:31 says,
"Yet when he, the thief, is found, he must restore sevenfold..."

I'm definitely still affected by what happened a year ago, but I can't say enough of how God has provided for my every need (and even some wants!) so much so, that I'm continuously giving things away!


What has God provided for you? How has He blessed you in the last year?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome attitude! God bless you & Thanks for sharing!